- “The indenter/consignee shall have the right to accept or reject on proper justification any consignment within 10 days of receipt of goods/services and will accordingly issue consignee receipt cum acceptance certificate otherwise the goods/service will be considered as deemed accepted.”
- The right to reject the stores supplied by the supplier is thus 10 days from date of receipt of goods. The same period is also applicable for the return of the goods. The salient features of the return policy are as under:-
- The purchaser/consignee will check the physical condition of the product at the time of receipt to check for any physical damage and only thereafter he will issue the Provisional Receipt Certificate
- The time for sending notice to the supplier for returning the supplied goods is 10 days from the date of receipt of goods through GeM Portal.
- Returns including all replacements/pickups will be done free of cost by the supplier.
- For items such as clothing and footwear where a trial is required to determine if the fit is right, the products can be exchanged. The exchange request can also be for different sizes through Gem Portal.
- A return can be made for full/partial quantity.
- If no replacement is made by the supplier within stipulated period then payment will not be released.
- Replacement will be done within 10 days by the supplier after they are notified through GeM portal.
When are returns not possible?
There are certain scenarios where it is difficult to support returns. These situations are as under:
- Return request is made outside the specified time frame i.e. after 10 days of receipt of goods.
- Product is damaged because of use or product is not in the same condition as received
- Any consumable item which has been used or installed
- Products with tampered or missing serial numbers
- Anything missing from the package receivedsuch as accessories
Login to GeM.
- Create a Return Request on GeM
- Go to 'My Orders'
- Click 'Return' to open the Return Request form
- Select 'Replacement'
- 'Item to be Returned' is picked up
- The item to be returned will be picked up by the Supplier.
- Replacement Initiated
- The seller will replace the item