BUYER (Govt. Organization)
- Aadhaar linked with mobile no. (To receive OTP for e-sign):
- Official Email ID (Preferably .nic.in OR .gov.in Email):
- Buyer: Buyer will select the item for purchase and will place the order on behalf of his organization.
- Consignee: Consignee will receive the item and will generate the PRC and CRAC certificate.
- DDO (only for PFMS payment mode users): DDO will forward the bill to PAO of PFMS.
- (NOTE:-In case of PFMS payment method, there is no role of Paying Authority / PAO in GeM. PAO from PFMS just needs to login to PFMS portal to make the payment after the bill has been forwarded by DDO to PFMS portal. PAO from PFMS can see and verify on-line the various documents related to the procurement before making payment.)
- Paying Authority / PAO (for other than PFMS payment mode users): Paying Authority / PAO will make the payment to supplier/vendor.
- Login as Primary user/HoD in GeM portal and create secondary users (Buyer/Consignee/PAO/DDO) after clicking on Manage users tab available in Dashboard.
- Buyer to login to GeM portal.
- Select and cart the product as per the requirement through application of various filters. Buyers should apply filters carefully to define their requirement without adversely affecting competitiveness.
- Select the proper buying method as per the GFR-149.
- Create demand ≫ Generate Sanction order ≫Generate contract.
- Once order is placed, Seller to deliver the Goods/ Services to consignee within stipulated delivery date and generate on-line invoice on GeM portal.
- Consignee to login after receipt of Items.
- Generation of Provisional receipt Certificate (PRC) within 48 hrs of receipt of stores.
- Generation of Consignee Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC) within 10 days of receipt of stores.
- Bill processing by buyer (within 2 days of generation of CRAC by consignee)
≫Bill to be forwarded to PFMS by DDO within 1 day of on-line receipt of bill from Buyer against e-signed Consignee’s Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC) (In case of central government organizations paying through PFMS) ≫ Payment to be made by PAO from PFMS within 2 days of receipt of bill from DDO (total time limit for payment is 10 days from date of generation of CRAC).Or
Buyer to forward all documents for payment to Paying Authority and Payment to be released by Paying Authority / PAO within 10 days of generation of Consignee’s Receipt (In case of users paying through SBI e-pay or Other mode of Payment.)
DDO role is to forward the bills to PFMS, which is finally paid by Paying Authority of PFMS after logging in PFMS portal. DDO role in GeM is restricted to the central government users using payment through PFMS.
For users Other than PFMS, Paying Authority / PAO role is to make payment for the bill processed by Buyer through online banking OR other methods
No, Only Buyer and Consignee role can be given to same person. PAO/DDO role can be given to a person other than Buyer / Consignee only.
No, Primary user and Secondary user roles cannot be performed by same officers. Secondary user always needs to be different from Primary user.
The procuring authorities will satisfy themselves that the price of the selected offer is reasonable. GeM may be utilized by Government buyers (at their option) for direct online purchase. Ensuring Reasonability of Prices for procurement is the responsibility of the Buyer Organization.
- Up to Rs.50,000/- through any of the available suppliers on the GeM, meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period. The procuring authorities will certify the reasonability of rates.
- Above Rs.50,000/- and up to Rs.30,00,000/- through the GeM Seller having lowest price amongst the available sellers, of at least three different manufacturers, on GeM, meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period. The tools for online bidding and online reverse auction available on GeM can be used by the Buyer if decided by the competent authority. The procuring authorities will certify the reasonability of rates.
- Above Rs.30,00,000/- through the supplier having lowest price meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period after mandatorily obtaining bids, using online bidding or reverse auction tool provided on GeM. The procuring authorities will certify the reasonability of rates.
Yes, the purchases made on GeM are governed by Rule 149 of GFR 2017.
The prices on GeM are dynamic. Sellers’ can add or remove any product and change their offer price any time. However in case of Direct Purchase, during carting period of 5 days, rates for carted quantity, for that buyer, are frozen for five days against any upward revision by seller.
The GeM prices cannot be taken for comparison for offline purchase as the prices are dynamic. The GeM prices are only valid for procurement through the GeM portal. Further the Market Prices of various Goods and Services as offered by sellers on GeM are offer prices. For getting best competitive rates, GeM recommends use of the bidding tool available on the portal.
Yes, the purchase officer has to take necessary approvals of competent authority of their department in accordance with GFR and other Government instructions applicable to them.
In case of Direct Purchase, during carting period of 5 days, rates for carted quantity, for that buyer, are frozen for five days against any upward revision by Seller.
In case of Direct Purchase, the items will be delivered as per delivery period notified by the supplier on GeM for particular item. In case of Bidding /RA, Delivery Period will be as per stipulations made by the buyer in the bid document.
Standard LD clause of GeM will apply.
On GeM, the filters for selecting goods which are Preferential Market Access (PMA) compliant and those manufactured by Small Scale Industries(SSI), enables the Government buyers to procure Make in India and SSI goods very easily. Easily accessible MIS also enables the administrators and policy makers to easily and effectively enforce the Government regulations on PMA and SSI sourcing.
While creating e-bid, Additional parameters field have been given to the buyer to indicate the special requirements of the product.
Yes, technically it is possible and depends on Buyer when he wants to open the Bid. However Buyers are advised against keeping bid opening dates on holidays because it may result in causing inconvenience to prospective bidders and curtailing competition.
Yes, Buyer can select multiple consignee locations at the time of e-bid creation.
For Central Govt. Ministries or Departments, the procurement of Goods and Services available on GeM is mandatory.
- Once the Buyer confirms availability of Budget/block budget (applicable for PFMS buyers only), he shall be able to generate sanction and contract on GeM Portal.
- Once on line order is placed on GeM, the Seller is required to deliver the Goods/perform Services to consignee within stipulated delivery date.
- After dispatch of the ordered Goods/performs ordered Services, the Seller generates online e-signed Invoice on GeM portal.
- Once the Goods/ Services are received, consignee to issue online e-signed Provisional Receipt Certificate (PRC) on GeM portal on said to contain basis indicating actual date of receipt of supplies.
- Consignee exercises his right for inspection and Acceptance/Rejection and generates Consignee Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC) within 10 days of receipt of Goods, else supplied Goods are deemed accepted for which GeM portal itself generates CRAC.
- For accepted supplies Buyer generates Bill Advice on GeM Portal. After receipt of Bill Advice DDO/ Paying Authority (PAO) (as applicable) are required to generate Bill and process the same for time bound release of payment to Seller. Total 10 days time after generation of CRAC has been prescribed for release of payment for accepted supplies against GeM contract.
- Direct access to all Govt. departments registered .
- One stop marketing place with minimal marketing efforts.
- No need to watch for tenders of different Govt. departments.
- Freedom from Product registration: No need to run for product and model registration etc.
- Products accepted against supplier’s guarantee/warrantee and generally free from pre-dispatch inspection testing and evaluation procedures.
- Freedom from fixed specifications: No need to customize to given specifications. Market your product with all features defined by you. Update and upgrade products as soon and as many times as you find it necessary.
- Dynamic pricing – price can be changed based on market conditions – no fixed price for whole year – no fear of fluctuation of raw material prices or exchange rate variations.
- Dynamic product listing – no need to run for model up-gradation/changes. List your latest products and market them based on features and your competitive prices.
- Get complete information of all Govt. requirements through Annual Procurement Plans.
- Timely payment.
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedures.
The “Seller(s)” on GeM will be the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and/or their authorized channel partner(s)/ resellers (having any general authorization / dealership of the OEM to sell their product in open market) and e- Marketplaces.
- Register yourself on the GeM portal.
- List your products under specific product categories.
- Once an order is received, deliver the product to the Consignee duly entering its details on the portal.
- Once an order is successfully delivered, Consignee shall inspect / test the product for its conformity with contract specifications and issue acceptance / rejection through on-line CRAC.
- After CRAC, buyer will process the bill and forward to paying authority for time bound payments.
Yes, you can sell both Goods as well as Services on GeM; however you need to register separately for the two categories.
As a seller, you will set the price of your products. However, it is upto the Purchaser to select the product as per his requirements. Contract shall be placed by buyer only if he is satisfied with reasonableness of price offered by you.
It is the Seller’s responsibility to deliver the product safely to the consignee.
The payment will be made directly to your bank account by the paying authority of the buyer ideally within 10 days after receipt and acceptance of the Goods/ Services
You can start with even one listing and can gradually increase number of listings.
AADHAAR No. is must for using GeM for Buyers and Sellers for; verification of identity of individuals using the portal and also for e-signing of online GeM contract documentations, using verification of One Time Password (OTP) received on mobile no linked with AADHAAR
Yes. Helpdesks/ Call Centre on working days basis are functional who would address the issues raised by the stakeholders.
Listing a product refers to filling out all the necessary information and adding images of the product so that a customer can make an informed buying decision.
While pricing the products on GeM, please include for logistics, packing & forwarding, all taxes, duties including Excise Duty, Service Tax & CST/VAT and all local taxes such as octroi, entry tax etc. as applicable for specific delivery location to arrive at the Selling Price on ALL INCLUSIVE basis, with free delivery at Consignee site basis.
Through seller dashboard, GeM will make it really easy for you to manage your orders. Wherever a customer places an order, GeM will send you an e-mail alert. You need to deliver within the time frame to the Consignee as prescribed in the Contract/SO/PO.
No. The decision of the Buyer/Consignee will be final and binding in this regard. It is Seller’s responsibility to safely deliver goods at consignee destination.
No, it is the Seller’s responsibility to deliver the products safely to the consignee.
While putting offer in RA and e bid, Additional parameters have been given to the vendor to indicate the speciality / superiority of the product.
Any Vendor, who has registered their product in that particular category of product and services, can participate in Reverse Auction and E bid so long he has registered his product 48 hours prior to closing of RA / E Bid.
It is 7 days from date of creation of bid only if Seller is already registered in particular category of product and service for which E-bid is created.
Yes, all seller/vendor can see all ongoing E- bids on their dashboard.
From the eligible supplier having lowest price among the participated suppliers on the GeM, meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period.
Registration process is online and no physical document is required.